How to Manage Hair Loss during Menopause
Hair loss or hair thinning can be pretty devastating especially when a woman is at her menopausal stage wherein an imbalance of hormone level takes place. During this period, the estrogen levels decreases while the testosterone levels increase, which explains why you suddenly notice that you are growing facial hair while shedding unusual amount of hair from your scalp. Other symptoms of menopause can also include dullness, dryness and thinning of your skin, mood changes and hot flashes.
Hair loss can affect a woman’s appearance and confidence. Learning more about how to manage this situation will make us more in control in mind and body so we will be equipped in dealing with this issues being faced with.
- Make Healthy Diet Choices- Nuts, avocados, Olive Oil, sunflower seeds are good sources of Vitamin E and essential to keep blood pumping to the scalp. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and loads of sugar from sodas, juices and flavored drinks instead take at least 8 glasses of water a day to fulfill the adult daily water requirement. Help yourself to foods high in fiber like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise is a lifelong activity and in menopause it becomes especially important. Activities that improve balance and strength and cardiac health will help ensure better health as we age. Exercising daily can help relieve stress and enhance the overall quality of life which can ease transition in menopausal symptoms.
- Get a gentle scalp massage for healthier hair and scalp. Massage increases the blood flow to the head follicles and increases the nutrition supply to the head. Use coconut milk or AloeVera to promote hair growth. Massage also lowers stress levels which is very good for the body.
- Say “no” to chemical hair treatments like bleaches, perms and hair colors which damage the hair making it look dull and dry.
- Visit your doctor for your prescribed medication for hormonal imbalance. Discuss the possible risks and benefits so you can choose what is best for you and note that no one treatment is right for all women.
- For quick and instant solution, try using keratin hair fibers like Infinity Hair Concealing Fibers. This product gives the appearance of thicker and fuller hair in an instant. For more details, please check https://www.infinityhair.com/
Menopause is a natural biological process. No woman can escape this. Although it also ends fertility, you can still stay healthy, vital and sexual. The physical and emotional symptoms will come and go but as long as you take care of yourself and embrace these changes, everything will fall into its place and realize that there is more to life that can bring so much happiness and remember that positivity is the key. Stay Happy!!